AFTER SCHOOL WATER STATION VOLUNTEERS
Outdoor marching rehearsals will be held after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesday practices will be in the stadium and Thursday practices will be on the blacktop. These practices can get HOT and we need to keep our kids hydrated! While students are expected to bring their own water bottles to rehearsals, parents are on-site at a small water station.
We need volunteers to oversee the water station. Bring your own chair and hang out with other band parents!
If you have a conflict and cannot make it to your time slot, please notify Michele O’Kane at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting the Marching Band!
LBSS MARCHING BAND WATER BOTTLE DONATIONS
Thanks for keeping our marchers hydrated during outdoor practices! Donations can be dropped off in the Band Room or during marching band practice on the Blacktop (Thursdays).
PIT CREW VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
The Pit Crew team is looking forward to a great year with an AMAZING show! We need our parent teamwork to make the dream work for our home games. Below is the general timeline for Pit Crew pre-game activities:
- 5:30 – 5:45PM — Cordon off area on blacktop for instruments and pull them from LB seatrain (large purple shipping containers on blacktop used for marching band storage)
- 5:45 – 6:00PM — Set up bleacher covers (meet at the MB seatrain)
- 6:00 – 6:15PM — Rest of pit crew arrives; tailgate and socialize
- 6:25PM — Pre-game pit crew meeting (behind LB seatrain); during this meeting we’ll go over pit set up and timing for the halftime show
- 6:30PM — Pull items up to the stadium
Please arrive at the purple seatrain containers between 5:30 – 6:15PM to help! If you have any questions, please contact:
LB Band Pit Crew Coordinator
- We will need parental help with the water station during band camp and the warmer months of marching band practice. Not only is it a great way to help the students its also a great way to meet other parents. Check the calendar and ecomm for the signup genius links.
- Other volunteer opportunities will be available for things such as Instrument Petting Zoo, Tag Day, competitions, progressive dinner etc. Volunteer requests will be sent via the ecomm newsletter on Sundays which will have the signup genius links. To sign up for the newsletter send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.